This is the initial preparation phase to ensure that schools have the systems in place to support their ongoing development as a health promoting school. These basic requirements outlined below:
- Completion of a registration form including a named HPS co-ordinator.
- Evidence of an awareness raising system.
- Completion of self evaluation in health promoting schools.
- Consultation with the school nurse- "Developing Health Priorities in Relation to Need".
- Aspects of health identified within the schools development plan.
- Mission/Vision statement embedded in the school aims.